In 1914, The Journal Printing Company of Jamestown some months previously purchased a new newspaper press which was on the way from the factory. The work of making place for and installation of this machine would be commenced on June 15. The old press and equipment had to be removed and foundation built before the new press could be installed. In the meantime, The Journal would be issued regularly but for any delays, the consideration of its readers would be appreciated. With the new press installed a better looking paper and earlier delivery in the homes of the city would be assured. The press was what was known as a Goss Straightline twenty-four page, three-deck press, which had the capacity of 15,000 papers per hour of any size in multiples of two pages up to 24 pages.