Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

In Years Past

April 18, 2014
Post-Journal

In 1914, the home of George E. King of 520 Forest Ave., Jamestown, was badly damaged by fire at about 1:30 in the afternoon. The building was a two-story frame structure with a wing attached and the main portion was almost completely gutted. A member of King's family estimated the loss to be about $700, partially covered by insurance. The fire started in the front room on the ground floor from a chunk stove. King's wife had taken the carpets up and had been cleaning the room. She started the fire to dry it out and the blaze started in some manner from the stove.

 
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web