Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

In Years Past

April 9, 2014
Post-Journal

In 1914, fire which destroyed the dry room and contents in the Limberg Laundry on Davis Street in Falconer at an early hour of the morning, filled the two-story-and-basement building so full of suffocating smoke that Mrs. Carl Limberg, her four children and the maid, Mable Jacobson, had to be taken off the second-floor balcony by the firemen on ladders. The family probably escaped suffocation by being awakened by the coughing of their 2-year-old child, Esther, who was suffering from a hard cold and choked from the smoke before anyone else woke up. This woke up Limberg who roused her husband. He notified the neighbors and the fire department but could not get back inside the building owing to the dense smoke.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web