CLYMER - A number of animals perished Thursday morning as a fire tore through a barn in Clymer.
According to Brian Bensink, Clymer fire chief, the fire - which started at approximately 10:45 a.m. at 1884 Bush Road - led to a total loss of the barn and killed one horse, one goat, three pigs and an undetermined number of chickens.
The owners, who lived in an adjacent and undamaged house, were reportedly uninjured.
Firefighters are pictured hosing down hot spots around the burned down barn.
P-J photo by A.J. Rao
As fire crews continued to hose down hot spots nearly an hour after the fire started, Bensink indicated that a cause of fire was yet to be determined. An investigation would begin shortly, he said.
Fire crews from Clymer, Sherman, Findley Lake, South Ripley and Panama responded to the scene.