Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Small Kitchen Fire Leads To Evacuation Of JCC’s Hillside Suites

December 11, 2013
The Post-Journal

A small kitchen fire on the second floor of the Hillside Suites North building at Jamestown Community College on Tuesday night caused one student to have difficulty breathing. The building was evacuated and the fire was extinguished, leaving slight damage to the stove and kitchen. Jamestown Fire Department responded to the scene, and Roger Sigular, batallion chief, said there were no other injuries. According to Nelson J. Garifi Jr., Jamestown Community College executive director of marketing and academic initiatives, students returned to the dorm shortly after 9 p.m.

Article Photos

P-J photo by Katie Atkins

 
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web