In 1913, at a recent meeting of the Falconer village board, an urgent request was brought up by Trustee E.A. Wiborg that the people of the south side be supplied with a drinking fountain to be placed on the corner of Harrison and Work streets. No action was taken at the time but Wiborg was given authority to investigate the matter -to find the probable cost and whether the city of Jamestown would be willing to furnish the water free as in the case of the fountain on the corner of Main and Work streets. This investigation having proved satisfactory, a drinking fountain and watering trough would soon be placed at the corner. Both were to be of the most modern type.