Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fire Extinguished On S. Main Street

May 17, 2013
The Post-Journal

Carelessly discarded smoking materials led to a fire on a porch at 376 S. Main St. at 5:40 p.m. Thursday. The fire ignited several bags of trash but did not affect the structure of the residence, according to Don Woodfield, battalion chief for Jamestown Fire Department. A neighbor helped remove the burning bags as firefighters were arriving on scene. Investigators believe a woman who lived at the residence was not home at the time of the fire, but her children were and they safely exited the home.

Article Photos

Carelessly discarded smoking materials led to a fire on a porch at 376 S. Main St. at 5:40 p.m. Thursday. The fire ignited several bags of trash but did not affect the structure of the residence, according to Don Woodfield, battalion chief for Jamestown Fire Department. A neighbor helped remove the burning bags as firefighters were arriving on scene. Investigators believe a woman who lived at the residence was not home at the time of the fire, but her children were and they safely exited the home.
P-J photo by Matt Spielman

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web