Jamestown firefighters responded Sunday evening to a report of a structure fire on Royal Avenue in the city. Firemen were notified the garage next to the residence was on fire and that propane tanks were stored inside the garage. Battalion Chief Don Woodfield said quick action limited the spread of the fire. The tanks were near the fire, but were not hot enough for a possible explosion, Woodfield said. An investigator was summoned to the scene late Sunday. No injuries were reported. No further information was available.
P-J photo by Eric Tichy