BUSTI - A kitchen burner left on has been determined as the cause of a fire at 1972 Hoag Road, Busti, on Wednesday afternoon.
At 1:34 p.m., Chautauqua County Sheriff's dispatchers received a call for a fully involved house fire.
The Ashville Fire Department responded to the scene and was assisted by Bemus Point, Busti, Celoron, Chautauqua, Kiantone, Lakewood, Panama and Sherman fire departments.
No one was home at the time of the fire and there were no reported injuries. The house is a total loss and emergency demolition took place.
The Red Cross was called to assist the homeowner and her grandson.