Most students look forward to fire drills in school. When the alarms rang on Monday morning though, it wasn't just a drill.
Shortly after 10 a.m. Monday, the Jamestown Fire Department received a call reporting a fire in the kitchen of Bush Elementary School. According to Lt. Tim Glenn, lead fire investigator, the root of the problem was an oven in the kitchen.
"It was a small electrical fire," said Glenn. "The flames never got out of the oven and we were able to remove it from the school, so everything turned out fine."
The Jamestown Fire Department and Alstar responded to Bush Elementary shortly after 10 a.m. on Monday. According to officials an oven fire sounded the alarm. All students evacuated without issue and the fire was contained within the oven.
P-J photos by Ryan Atkins
Shortly after the oven was removed, the alarm was shut off and students were allowed to return to their classes.
Alstar was also present at the scene in case of any emergency.