CONEWANGO - A child playing with a lighter was deemed to be the cause of a fire in Conewango on Wednesday.
At 8:58 a.m. Wednesday, the Conewango Fire Department responded to a fire at 4975 State Route 241. Ervin A. Raber, along with his wife, Ava Raber, and nine children live in the home, but are staying with relatives after the fire left the home with "severe" damage. No one was injured during the blaze.
According to the Cattaraugus County Fire Investigation Team, the origin of the fire was in the front upstairs bedroom area. No charges were filed.