CASSADAGA - A natural gas leak caused an explosion in a home at 3366 Bernard Road, Cassadaga, at 10:51 a.m. Sunday.
According to a police report, the Sinclairville volunteer firefighters were the first on the scene and found the house engulfed in flames. All those inside the home were able to get out safely, but were taken to area hospitals for treatment of minor injuries. Firefighters from Cassadaga, Fluvanna, Ellery Center, Cherry Creek and Stockton also responded to the scene.
Once the fire was out, the Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team determined the fire started in the basement and was caused by a natural gas leak.