The Second Circuit Judicial Council Committee on History, Commemorative Events and Civic Education has recognized Gregory L. Peterson, a partner with Phillips Lytle LLP, for his contribution toward preserving the legacy of Justice Robert H. Jackson.
Peterson co-founded, and serves as president of, the Robert H. Jackson Center in Jamestown. The new U.S. courthouse in downtown Buffalo, which saw its official opening ceremony on May 3, will almost certainly be named for Jackson.
The judicial council committee honored Peterson during a session of The Hands Lecture series, titled "Robert H. Jackson and Buffalo in the Hands' Circuit," held May 4 at the courthouse.
Gregory L. Peterson
Peterson, office leader of Phillips Lytle's Chautauqua office, focuses in all areas of real estate, including development and financial transactions, areas of corporate counseling including acquisitions, administration and strategic planning, not-for-profit corporate formation, tax exemption and qualification with New York state administrative areas.
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, he received his bachelor's degree from Allegheny College and his juris doctorate from The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University.
An active member of the Jamestown community, Peterson also serves on the board of directors for The Resource Center Foundation and serves as chairman of the executive committee for Jamestown Professional Baseball.
Phillips Lytle LLP, established in 1834, is a multi-disciplined law firm with offices in New York state and Canada. The firm represents a diverse, multinational client base, including Fortune 500 companies, global, regional and local financial institutions, mid-sized and emerging businesses, and individuals on important matters affecting their businesses and personal wealth. For more information, visit www.phillipslytle.com.