Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS

Frewsburg Home Destroyed In Fire

February 2, 2013

FREWSBURG — A Frewsburg home was destroyed by a fire Friday afternoon. At 4 p.m., firefighters responded to a fully engulfed house fire at 18 Frew Run St. in Frewsburg....

« Back to Article

sort: oldest | newest




Feb-01-13 6:49 PM

God bless those volunteers who serve in this frigid weather. How can we ever thank them for their service?

30 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Feb-01-13 7:08 PM

You can always thank the Firemen by donating to the Fire Dept. They risk their lives for nothing, because they want to save other peoples lives!!!

29 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Feb-01-13 10:17 PM

I lived in that house for 20 years. It's kinda of strange to realize it is gone. I pray the new owners are unharmed.

12 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Feb-02-13 11:32 AM

why do people always think the worse??

1 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Feb-02-13 12:08 PM

Your a jerk khulum!! That was my brothers house and it was an awful tragic accident!! I hope it happens to you someday and you can know how it feels to have a total stranger pass judgement on something they know NOTHING about!!

4 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Feb-02-13 12:12 PM

You would know him Rod. We grew up just up the street. And yes, no one was seriously harmed. Thank you for your concern.

1 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Feb-02-13 2:43 PM

I understand that there is such a thing as "Freedom of Speech," however, there is a time and place. In this instance, "Khulumzurug" you should be ashamed of yourself for even bothering to post such an awful thing! Yes, I am overly sensitive to this particular fire because they are friends of mine (we go back many years!!). But even if this were not the case, this is not for YOU to judge! This family lost everything; their home, photos, clothes, memorabilias, etc. They have to start over from the very beginning. This is something I cannot even begin to fathom nor do I want to. My heart goes out to them and my efforts to assist them do too. Maybe instead of judging them, you should attempt to help them!

1 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Feb-02-13 2:45 PM

And in regards to the volunteer firemen who worked so hard and worked side by side of each other, kudos to them! The best way to give back to them is to donate to them. Partake in their boot drives, etc. Randomly you can even drop by the Fire Hall and bring them dinner and/or goodies to enjoy. Brownies and a smile go a long way! Thank you to our volunteer fire fighters. And thank you to the public for caring!!

0 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Feb-02-13 6:12 PM

What an awful thing to happen and in such miserable weather! Yet those firefighters are right there. Very grateful for their dedication. I wonder what happened? Seems like winter time fires are always due to wood stoves or space heaters.

0 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »

Showing 9 of 9 comments

Post a Comment

You must first login before you can comment.

*Your email address:
Remember my email address.


I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web