| || |
New iPad Coming March 11th
March 2, 2011 - Dave Hecei
Yes, Apple has introduced the next-gen iPad, the iPad 2. Here is a Top 10 recap of what Apple announced about the iPad 2.
1. Faster - Now with a newer Apple A5 dual-core 1GHz processor.
2. Better Graphic - Screen size and resolution is still the same but with the newer chips graphics are up to 9 times faster, great for 3D gaming.
3. Same Battery Life - Even with a faster processor and graphics chip the iPad will still run 10 hours.
4. Svelte - iPad 2 is 33% thinner and weighs slightly less (1.3 pounds down from 1.5).
5. Cameras - There is both a front and back camera on the iPad 2. The front is a VGA quality camera for use with Apps like FaceTime or Skype. The back camera can do 720P HD video at 30 fps with audio.
6. iOS 4.3 - New iPad 2 will come with the next version of the mobile OS, or iOS 4.3. This will also be available as a free update for the iPad 1 on iPad 2 release day.
7. Dual Data - You will have a choice of either AT&T or Verizon for for data enabled iPad 2 models.
8. Color - The iPad 2 will be available in the usual classic black or in white, like that mythical white iPhone 4 that still has not been seen out in the wild.
9. HDMI - The iPad 2 will have the capability to mirror the display out through a new dongle that contains both an HDMI port and extra 30-pin connector, which allows you to charge the iPad while watching external video. There is still an iPad VGA, component, and composite video cable for other output options.
10. Price - The pricing is still the same for the same storage models. 16, 32, 64GB of storage is still 499, 599, and $699. For cellular data and GPS you still have to add $129 to whichever storage size you want.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment
News, Blogs & Events Web
New iPad 2